Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Your Guiding Star 2018



Well, well, well, 2018 is around the corner. Time for Guiding Star, the plan that will transform your life into the one that you know is waiting for you.

I asked one of this year's fervent participants, Rachel Gitel DeMasi to reflect on what Guiding Star did for her in 2017.

Guiding Star puts things into perspective. It makes you think things through and come up with realistic and specific goals. There is a sense of encouragement when you plot and plan with your future in mind. I especially loved coming up with a personal slogan.

Although Guiding Star is a doable and fun exercise, it does require some thought. I did find myself having a hard time making a list of more than 3-4 goals and to try to make them as specific as possible. BUT this actually brought to the forefront the wishes and goals for myself that I didn't know I had!

I'm particularly pleased to have accomplished these three Guiding Star goals this year:

1. Adopted two fur babies (one male and one female-Gus and Ruby).
2. Saved more money than I ever have before. Not the amount I specified in my goal, but definitely a bigger sum than last year.
3. Took a class that intimidated me. Had a great time AND learned some new skills!


If you didn't participate in 2017, consider jumping in for 2018. Look at what happened for Rachel and for me. I know having a plan is a huge part of my ability to thrive. Nudge...nudge.


The Guiding Star Plan
Welcome to The Guiding Star plan, a series of exercises that will assist you in creating a plan for 2018. This plan will be your guide for the most amazing, fulfilling year of your life.

Using these exercises, you will design a realistic plan which will convert your deepest dreams into reasonable goals. Using these exercises, you will finally begin the true transformation of your life. Whether you want deeper relationships, professional success, a healthier lifestyle, or just time to take a bath, the Guiding Star plan will lead you there.

Why have I created Guiding Star? People say to me all the time, “I wish I had your life.” Well, guess what? A big reason for the life I have (and that you can also have) is my annual plan. It has become one of the necessary tools that I use regularly to create my life. Without my annual plan, Creatavita would still be a dream. So if you want a life like mine, here's your chance!

Guiding Star is a gift to you from Creatavita. Feel free to do it on your own. However, if you feel stuck, one-on-one assistance is available at the discounted rate of $30/hour. This offer is available starting January 4, 2018 and expires on February 1, 2018 (Click here to schedule a session).

There are 7 exercises in Guiding Star. Starting tomorrow, I'll post one exercise daily. You are welcome to them at any time. I recommend you do them in the order in which they're posted. I also recommend that you take the time to do all of the exercises.

I know finding time for an activity like Guiding Star can be challenging. I have designed each exercise to take an average of 20 minutes. Yes, you can break the time up and yes, you can take more time if you wish.

You in? Fantastic! Read the following basic guidelines and then you've got one task to do before we get started.

Guiding Star Guidelines
You've Got A Friend – A Buddy will give you accountability. It's best if the Buddy is also doing the plan. Giving and getting advice evens out the road and makes it easier to take the journey. If you can't find one, contact me here. I mean it.

Make A Date – You will be visiting your Guiding Star plan once a week for the first 8 weeks and then monthly for the rest of the year. With a Guiding Star in your hand and your buddy at your side, plus Creatavita available when you need it, you're going to have an amazing 2018!

Write It Down – There's nothing like seeing your dreams in black and white on paper in front of your face. It can be simultaneously terrifying and exhilarating. You can put it on the computer or you use a journal. Or scratch paper. That's where I start every year. Whatever you do, write it down.

Nobody Needs To Know – Except for your Buddy, no one else on this planet needs to know anything about your plan. It's not about secrecy. It's about you envisioning and moving towards your deepest desires.

Stay Positive – You will be encouraged to keep your language as positive as possible. You will suffer what you see as setbacks, but you will be encouraged to view them positively. Be prepared for bliss!

Welcome To Your 2018 – While I am your guide initially, this is your plan, your life, your 2018. You get to make changes. One of your goals dragging you down? Slogan feel stupid? Discuss it with your Buddy or me. The Guiding Star will show you the path to take.

Alright. Let's get started! Today's task:

Find A Buddy!
My Buddy lives hundreds of miles away. We're both working women with families and partners. We see each other once a year, maybe twice. We use Google Drive to share our plans as we're creating them and for our monthly reports. If one of us is working on a challenging part of our plan, we text each other. While we have been friends for many years, doing this project together has made us FFL – Friends For Life. My Buddy knows things about me no one else on this planet knows, and I like it that way.

Look for someone you trust to be honest with you. Someone who is strong enough to tell you what you need to hear, yet gentle enough to be empathetic.

And honestly guys, I am SO willing to help you find someone. Feel free to ask.

So today, find a Buddy. Share this post with them. When they agree, you are done with the first task.

Congratulations! See you tomorrow!




No comments:

Post a Comment